Friday, March 24, 2006

The Record Of Flight 93--Fact Or Fiction?

The full theatrical trailer for Flight 93 has hit the net...

The movie tells the story of the 4th hijacked plane on 9/11/2001, that went down in a field in Shanksville Pennsylvania, short of the intended target. The passengers on that plane took matters into their own hands and sacrificed themselves for a greater good.

Like the film's teaser trailer, that first debuted in January, the full trailer stirred me up quite a bit. In fact, for me, this newest trailer only served to remind me that those who wish us harm, are not to be taken lightly.

After I watched the preview, I went on a couple of websites, where people can post comments about the film. I was surprised to find out that there are a lot of folks out there who still believe the official story of Flight 93 was fabricated by the government as part of a cover up...What a ridiculous notion. There is a verbal record of the event, thanks to the numerous cell phone calls, that were recorded by loved ones of passengers and crew. I find it hard to believe that the press would ever let the story go, if they thought there was even a whiff of some kind of cover up going on, especially while the 9-11 Commission hearings were in full swing. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as for me I am not buying it that a conspiracy occurred.

Directed by Paul Greengrass, the film, is sure to have everyone talking, when its released on April 28th, 2006.

Watch the newest trailer for the film, and you can decide for yourself, what you think about it. I stand by my statement of January 7th:

As for whether or not it's too soon for films about the terrorist attacks...I say, enough time has passed, and we as a nation need to be reminded of what happened on that fateful day.

Besides the A&E Television Network already ran a telepic about Flight 93, in January of this year, that nobody complained about.

No comments: