Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hey JJ,,,,

While attending the US-Ireland Alliance pre-Oscar bash that honored formmer "Star Trek: The Next Generation"/"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" costar Colm Meaney....

ReelzChannel talked with J.J. Abrams and got him to talk about the new Star Trek movie...

Abrams said they were using current rainy weather to their advantage and also spoke about the release date change and possibly using Meaney in a sequel..

He also talked about the Cloverfield sequel and bringing Stephen King's popular novels of The Dark Tower series to the screen...

Click Here for video...

I found his comments on the release change from Christmas 2008 to May 2009 most interesting

It was not something I did, it was something I was told was going to happen. Actually I am thrilled the studio feels the way they do after seeing the dailies. I loved our original date of Christmas, but I think this date gives the film an even bigger opportunity for an audience.

And Abrams is already talking Trek 2...

Never read Dark Tower series but from what little I do know of it-the project screams Abrams involvement...

No comments: