Friday, October 24, 2014

Noomi Rapace Talks "Prometheus 2"

Ridley Scott confirmed last month that the xenomorphs from the previous Alien films will NOT be showing up in "Prometheus 2",  so just what we will see in the new movie?

This follow-up will have a "more terrifying tone", and will include multiple versions of the android David (Michael Fassbender), and will be more akin to 1979's "Alien" than the lofty sci-fi of the previous entry. We should also expect the film to get a title change as well.

We also know that the film will see the return of Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw.

Rapace was asked about the sequel recently by MTV UK and offered her thoughts on where her character might go:

"Well, I know Elizabeth Shaw wants to go to paradise. I say that in the first one. I don't want to go back. She can't go to Earth, because there's nothing left for her there, really. She wants to go to where they came from, these giant creatures. I think, in her head, that's a dark paradise, in a way, so what's there? I don't know. I think she wants answers, she wants to know, and I feel like I'm sharing her curiosity, but also anger."

The first film ended with Shaw and what's left of David heading for the home planet of the Engineers. Will the next film address that? Will it jump years ahead? Who will be the antagonists of this 'dark paradise'?

 Rapace offered her thoughts: "God, maybe? God or Devil, I don't know. I don't know where he's going to take us, but I can't wait to go there. I don't know what we're going to discover."


"Green Lantern" scribe Michael Green has been tapped to rewrite the script from Jack Paglen ("Transcendence"). Damon Lindelof wrote the first Prometheus script following the work of Jon Spaihts who penned the first script draft for the film which made $403 million worldwide at the box-office.
 
Green is also polishing the script for Scott's untitled Blade Runner Sequel However, the "Prometheus" follow-up is expected to go first--Once Scott wraps his duties for upcoming biblical feature "Exodus" he is expected to shoot ""The Martian" before getting to work on the "Prometheus" follow-up which is currently slated for a March 2016 bow, but will likely not hit theaters until a later date.

No comments: