Thursday, September 11, 2008

'09's Best?

Production has begun on the film version of Mark Millar's "Kick-Ass " comic..

From the author's official blog:

"If I absolutely have to go to jail for a comic-book movie then I accept no substitutes. This is the one. I hereby declare Kick-Ass as the greatest movie of 2009. And if you think that I WOULD so that as co-creator and a producer on the movie you're absolutely, one hundred percent correct.

But as the months roll by and the trailers start to dribble online and you see what I just saw this weekend your heart will be beating that little bit faster too. I lucked out with Wanted and Timur Bekmambetov and James McAvoy and AAngelina Jolie. But nothing-- I mean nothing-- can prepare you for Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz as Big Daddy and Hit-Girl.

As I said to Nic after the first scene was shot on Saturday morning, this is a movie about comic-book guys MADE by comic-book guys. We are absolutely in our comfort zone here and doing something really special. Cage's eyes just gleamed. He said it's the most excited he's been by a role in a long time..."

Click here. for the rest...

While I am glad Millar's excited...As a producer on the film...What else is he gonna say? BUT... The best film of '09? With Cage that's going out on a mighty cracked limb...

Set photos are up TheBadandtheUgly.com.

No comments: