Friday, January 01, 2010

Black Eye

Do you remember all of that talk of Jeremy Renner playing Hawkeye in the Avengers movie?

Don't hold your breath...

Renner told Movieline:

"That was just one of those things that got blown way out of proportion. It was an idea. Those Marvel guys, I’m a big fan of them. They’re so smart about how they want to do these things … So they thought Hawkeye is an interesting role, and asked me if I knew anything about him. I said no, so they gave me their sort of spiel on what he was, and I thought that it was kind of interesting. The only reason it came out this early, because Avengers is two years away, is that they’re thinking OK, we may throw him in Thor , we may not, as a cameo. You know what I mean? So there’s truth that we talked about it, but there’s no truth to me doing it."

SlashFilm points out that this could be a falsified follow-up and, sometime soon, word will officially get out that Renner is playing the role.

Though seemingly unlikely now... Renner still makes the best pick for the part that has been mentioned....

No comments: