Monday, November 30, 2009

I Spy The Eye

Empire Magazine caught up with The Hurt Locker actor Jeremy Renner who told them that Marvel suits want him to appear as the superhero Hawkeye in at least one or two upcoming films from the studio



"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is, but I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing" says Renner about the costumed, archer

Which films could he appear in, Renner says "If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor and then be in "The Avengers," but do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun."

He admits that no deals are set yet - "No offer has been made. I think there’s a little ways from that.".

The actor also shot down rumors he was considered for the role of Captain America. "I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America. I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we've become friends over time...."

Renner would be a fine fit as Hawkeye and if he's willing to put on the tights--the suits at Marvel should make it happen.

Meanwhile Marvel chief Joe Quesada tells Comic Book Resources that Kenneth Branagh's "Thor" film "redefines what a super hero movie can be. It’s not the expected story or settings."

No comments: