Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Face Your Fears

Talking with Digital Spy, Wes Craven says that his involvement with the new 'Scream" film is not a sure thing...



"Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company's co-chairman) has talked to me, he’s interested in me directing it. I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I’ve said to Bob is I’m not closed to it, I’m not open to it, I’ll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That’s where it’s at and I’m not expecting a script until August. I don’t know what the premise is or anything".

Last week it was reported that both Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette had been approached to reprise their roles in Scream 4,. Many are still confused as to exactly what the project is and who else may come back.

Craven says - "I don't think it's a reboot and Kevin, when he talked to me, said, 'Remember, it's not just Scream 4, it's Scream 5 and 6.' So I guess he has a trilogy in mind. I've been told, and I don't think they'll mind if I say this, the deals on David Arquette and Courteney are virtually set. I believe everybody else will be new."

I hope the idea is strong enough for Craven to return... Scream 3 suffered because not all of the creative folks from the first 2 flicks stuck around.

No comments: