Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scalett Fever

The editors of Esquire Magazine have named actress Scarlett Johansson The Sexiest Woman Alive for the November '06 issue. All I can say is the editors have great taste. I first noticed her in the acclaimed (but somewhat overrated) Lost in Translation from 2003. She definitely was a bright light in that film. And then there was Girl with a Pearl Earring (also from 2003)...Both films earned the young star Golden Globe Nominations . The great thing about Johansson though, she is not just another pretty face. It's amazing just how much versatility she does have for someone so young...At almost 22 years of age, she's already had a 12 year career.

Here's part of an Associated Press story from Friday:

...The 21-year-old actress poses in come-hither garb on the cover and inside pages of the magazine's November issue, on newsstands Oct. 18.

On the cover, she wears a bra and a white Calvin Klein mini-dress; In a series of photos inside (showing her as an "enigmatic trailer-park temptress," the magazine says), she wears cleavage-baring black lingerie paired with an open white robe, among other get-ups.

Johansson, whose screen credits include "The Black Dahlia," "Lost in Translation" and "Match Point," says she would rather be admired for attributes other than sex appeal.

"What about my brain? What about my heart? What about my kidneys and my gallbladder?" she asks, addressing all the hoopla about her curves in an interview in the magazine.

She is no stranger to the paparazzi's cameras, and once flashed a sign proclaiming, "the person taking this picture is harassing me."

"Apparently I spelled `harass' wrong," she recalls. "It was horrible. I couldn't remember whether it was one `r' or two, and I asked like four people, and they said two."


WOW...It's The Sexiest Woman Alive Looking Very Sexy!


It's nice to know that she's not afraid to laugh at herself...

Today's Football game to watch: The Chicago Bears take on the Seattle Seahawks in a nationally televised contest in the hopes of remaining undefeated. It's rare that I get to actually watch one of their games. You can bet I'll be tuning in for this Sunday Night Football event...

No comments: