Saturday, June 02, 2007

Forgiveness Of Sin

The somewhat muddled fate of "Sin City 2" has been clarified by creator Frank Miller himself.

He told the folks over at Rotten Tomatoes that the sequel to the excellent 2005 film is only postponed-The long awaited project has NOT been scrapped

Chatter about its demise began to surface after original Sin City actor Michael Madsen gave an interview in which he said he hadn't seen a script as of yet and shooting, originally slated to take place next month, was not going to happen.

Miller says that "Sin City 2 is still likely to happen, just not right away. The script is written and Robert [Rodriguez] and I are raring to go, but it looks like I'm going to be doing 'The Spirit' first (story) and Robert's going to be doing 'Barbarella' first. (story)"

While I am grateful that Miller took time to address the matter--I'm still bummed by all of these delays.

I look forward to seeing what Miller and Rodriguez do with their upcoming flicks, to be sure, but I was really hoping that SC2 would happen first. I guess we can now expect the return to Basin City to occur sometime in 2009...

No comments: