Friday, June 08, 2007

Fatherly Advice

Director Steven Spielberg can't be all that happy today.

First, after months of "Will he?", or "Won't he"?--76-year-old acting legend Sir Sean Connery, has officially turned down Indiana Jones 4. The following statement was issued by Connery's people, regarding his decision:



No Reunion for Connery And Harrison Ford As "Dad" Declines Invite.

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun.

I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator! This is a remarkable cast, and I can only say, 'Break a leg, everyone.' I'll see you on May 22, 2008 at the theater!
"

Rats! While I respect Connery's decision--nonetheless, I'm truly disappointed by this news.. The film simply will not be the same without him along for the ride...


I wonder...Was it a matter of the quality of the part? I can't imagine money was an issue. Might he change his mind, and still appear in the sequel as a "surprise"? Hey, it could happen...

Far more troubling for Spielberg though, is the fact that his summer "reality" series On The Lot, is on life support

Lynette Rice of Entertainment Weekly reports:

The network's decided to scale back the ratings-challenged unscripted show to one night a week, it's switching hosts, and suddenly eliminating contestants off the-air!

And yet despite all of this, going on behind the scenes--The show will continue (for now) through August...If audiences haven't embraced it by now, they are never gonna--Pull the plug and put everyone out of their misery.

No comments: