Monday, November 21, 2005

Tids-N-Bits

Harry's Gold

Big surprise. The latest Harry Potter flick,"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" cast quite a spell over moviegoers this past weekend and made all of its competition disappear with an estimated $101.4 million -- a new franchise high -- according to Box Office Mojo while the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line sang to the tune of a solid $22.4 million estimate.

S.O.S.

I was very right with my assessment of the TV remake of The Poseidon Adventure that aired last night. It took forever to get going and still felt far too padded even during the good stunt sequences. The characters were nothing but empty shells, save for Adam Baldwin, who gave a great performance as Mike Rogo. Pretty silly dreck if you ask me.

"Mission" Ops

I came across these photos of the filming of Mission Impossible III due out next year. Despite having the creator of TV's Alias and Lost, (both of which I watch every week), J.J. Abrams behind the camera and co-writing the script, after looking at those pics, I don't know what to think. Sheesh!!

No comments: