Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

Before I head off to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my family...and stuff myself silly in the process, I thought I'd do a quickie concerning my favorite movie that has theis day as its backdrop.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles: Writer/director John Hughes, known for his teen comedies of the 80's, gets comic gold by teaming Steve Martin and the late John Candy. Martin plays Neal Page, an advertising guru, who's just trying to make it home in time to carve the turkey and spend time with the family. When his flight gets rerouted, he is forced to accept the help of Candy's character, a well meaning but very obnoxious shower ring salesman named Dell. The two take one heck of a funny road trip together. The chemistry between this "dynamic duo" is undeniable and would do the road pictures with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope of the 1940's and 1950's proud. Planes, Trains & Automobiles may not be a perfect comedy but it is good for lots of giggles and fun. Enjoy!

A special shout out of thanks to our service men and women for doing such a great job in Iraq and elsewhere around the world. I appreciate your hard work and sacrifice Be well and come home safe.

Happy Thanksgiving 2005!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!