Monday, March 21, 2016

Taron Egerton Talks Han Solo Chatter

Last week Heat Vision & Justin Kroll told us that Taron Egerton ("Kingsman: The Secret Service," "Eddie the Eagle"), Alden Ehrenreich ("Hail Caesar"), Jack O'Connell ("Starred Up"), Blake Jenner ("Everybody Wants Some!!") and Jack Reynor ("Transformers: Age of Extinction") were in contention to play a younger version of Harrison Ford's Han Solo in Phil Lord and Christopher Miller's upcoming Untitled Star Wars Anthology Film.

With production to begin later this year, a name is expected to be announced soon.


Egerton appeared on The Jonathan Ross Show over the weekend where the actor was asked directly about the possibility and indicated that he hasn't been contacted by either Lucasfilm or Disney about the role:

"I've heard this rumor, yes. I mean, I've seen the stuff on the Internet, and I think any lad of my age would kill to play a part like that. It's very, very flattering. I have no idea if there's any truth in it, but I mean, Lucasfilm, Disney, if there is, then you know where I am."

Ross then asked specifically if studio suits had contacted him, to which he flatly said "No, they've not".

Peter Mayhew is playing the legendary Wookiee Chewbacca in the Solo tale.

Lawrence Kasdan ("The Empire Strikes Back," "Raiders of the Lost Ark" "The Force Awakens") and his son wrote the script.

The film is scheduled for a May 2018 release.

No comments: