Saturday, September 15, 2007

I Can See Cleary Now...

As an avid reader throughout my childhood, I had enjoyed many book series that helped to while away much of my free time...One of my favorite authors during that time was Beverly Cleary. I enjoyed reading about the misadventures of characters like Henry Huggins, the dog Ribsy, Beatrice aka."Beezus" Quimby, and of course her pesky younger sister Ramona. Over 50 years after their literary introduction--They are finally headed to the big screen...

The Latest Book: Ramona's World


Variety reports that director Elizabeth Allen (Aquamarine) has signed on to take on the adaptation of the forthcoming movie version of Ramona...

Allen is an author herself, recently selling her first novel, My 40 Hot Sisters, to Alloy Entertainment.

I know I'm way past the movie's target demo. But the books had such an impact on my childhood that I'm thrilled just the same...The books are such fun... I'm hoping good good things come from the film...

No comments: