Saturday, July 21, 2007

Speaking The Truth

As a fan of The X Files TV show and The X Files movie from 1998--I'm thrilled that plans for a sequel, are indeed, moving ahead.

At the recent TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour last Saturday, actor David Duchovny was out to promote his new Showtime series Californication . During the event he was asked about the status of the long gestating second X-Files movie. Duchovny said that it was indeed going forward, and added that co-star Gillian Anderson is also ready to wear her FBI badge again

The actor was asked by a small group of media after the main presser [among them IGN's Goldman] why he felt so confidant the movie was happening this time, after years of countess scripts rumours, and false starts.

"I'm actually supposed to see it next week! Before I would just say that [there was a movie] because they told me, but now, after talking to Chris [Carter] -- he's been giving me progress reports -- and he actually called yesterday, and said 'Next week, you should have something to read.'"

Asked to confirm earlier reports that the movie would be a standalone story, and not part of the larger mythology arc of the series, he replied "It should be. It should be a one-off, yeah."

Goldman then asked Duchovny what the schedule for the film might be, in terms of both shooting it and releasing it, and he said "I think it was November, for a summer release." When asked if that would be summer 2008, the actor nodded.

As an exit question Duchovny was asked why he liked playing agent Fox Mulder, "Because he's cool! It's a great show and I love playing the character and I like the people

Lea Should Be In The X-Sequel

Even though the series, in my opinion, limped its way to the finish line. I have to say, I've really missed seeing Mulder and Scully in action. The time is right for them to return. Whether the film is an independent story, or part of the show's established mythology, or both, I hope the flick has room for the return of Nicholas Lea as the duplicitous Alex Krycek My favorite recurring character. Not to mention the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis)

No comments: