Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Dylan O'Brien On The Spidey Chatter

One of the unfortunate things to happen as a result of last month's "Spider-Man" deal between Sony Pictures and Marvel was the loss of Andrew Garfield in the title role...

Two names were quickly mentioned as potentials to take over the role- Teen Wolf series co-star and NJ native Dylan O'Brien and  Fury co-star Logan Lerman. Both are 23 years old, both have scored good notices for their work and both could still play high school age.


Peter Parker And His Camera?

Recently "The Maze Runner" star O'Brien spoke with Buzzfeed where he dismissed the reports:

"Professionally, I haven't heard anything about it. I've only heard from, like, [rumors] online. It feels so weird to say. It's so funny. My friends from New Jersey are calling me. They're like, what are you not telling me, dude?! Spider-Man?! It makes me feel bad because I'm, like, disappointing a big chunk of fans across the nation. You can tell them that it's not true."

The big question--Would he take on the role though were it offered to him?

"It's nothing but flattering. It's never something I would want to get myself excited about, since I know I haven't heard about it from a professional standpoint. I've always wanted to play Peter Parker, obviously. I feel like any actor my age, that's, like, a big thing. And my name being tossed with Logan Lerman's is the coolest thing ever, too. I just think that kid is [fricking] fantastic. It's really just, you know, I guess I'll see if I even hear about it? But thank you, internet, for giving me false hope!"

Despite the fact that the press release issued when the deal was announced mentions original Spider-Man Peter Parker by name, the suits are still trying to decide whether to stick with him or use a different version of the character such as the more recent 13-year-old, half black, half Hispanic Miles Morales who became Spider-Man in the "Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man" storyline.

The next Spider-Man Solo Movie is set for a July 28th 2017 release.

No comments: