Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Making Advances

As the release of V for Vendetta fast approaches, I decided to take a look at a bunch of advanced reviews for the film, posted at Rotten Tomatoes. I'm happy to report that the positive notices far exceed the negatives. While I realize all of this good buzz may mean nothing in the end, and the long awaited flick could still suck, this is still a good sign. The film opens this Friday and I'm already making plans to see it before too long

Now the "skin"-ny on another film set to debut in this month:

Basic Instinct 2 star Sharon Stone told the United Kingdom's Mirror newspaper:

"I was coming from a really kinky place. I wanted more nudity", telling producers of the sequel 'Let's go crazy!' So we took some things out of the film and a lot of the kinky stuff and sex went back in - you'll see it."

Whether this is just Stone hyping it up, or it makes any difference one way or another, only time will tell. I guess we'll find out on March 31st won't we? Click here to read more details of what Stone said.

I still can't believe Hollywood is actually moving forward with a film based on the night time soap Dallas--made popular in the 70's and 80's--but it seems they are. The folks at IGN Filmforce have posted all the latest casting news... if you're interested.

Exhibitors attending their annual ShoWest convention in Las Vegas on Tuesday were given a sneak preview of two key scenes from Paramount's Mission: Impossible III sequel, starring Tom Cruise and recent Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote). As reported by the Associated Press, one of the scenes includes a scene in which Hoffman's villainous character delivers a "chilling threat" to Cruise's. Do you have a wife, a girlfriend?'' Hoffman asks Cruise. "Because if you do, you know what I'm going to do next? I'm going to find her. I'm going to find her, and I'm going to hurt her. I'm going to make her bleed and call out your name. ...And then I'm going to kill you right in front of her." (courtesy of The Internet Movie Database's Movie & TV News that posted for today

Some sneak peek, most of the scene mentioned in the blurb, can already be seen in both the latest Mission: Impossible III trailer or the Superbowl TV ad from last month

No comments: