Friday, March 17, 2006

Flying High

The 2006 ShoWest Convention ended last night and as I told you last week, the final day featured a presentation of more footage from Superman Returns.

Quint from Aint It Cool News got to see it firsthand and posted a full report (BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!) on the "exclusive" sneak peek. I have to admit to getting a few goosebumps as I read the details...I know I'm a total geek fanboy...who just lost all credibility as an objective blogger...

Variety's Betsy Boyd reported on Wednesday that X-Men 3 star Hugh Jackman was honored at ShoWest as Male Performer of the Year. The article revealed:

...and he has a cameo in Bryan Singer's upcoming "Superman Returns," playing the Man of Steel's young dad in flashback mode

This had been originally denied by the actor, when word hit the net last year, that he had been spotted on set.

Speaking of awards, an unofficial website for Superman Returns star Brandon Routh, simply titled BrandonRouth.com has posted photos of the actor being honored as "Male Star Of Tomorrow" by ShoWest during the closing ceremonies.

The Motion Picture Association of America has given Superman Returns their PG-13 rating for "some intense action violence." According to early marketing materials from the studio. Of course with 3 and a half months to go until its release, that may change, but I highly doubt it..

Well, gotta go... I'm off to catch V for Vendetta, after I run some errands. I'll be sure and post a full review soon.

HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!! MAY THE LUCK O' THE IRISH BE YOURS!!

No comments: