Saturday, July 31, 2010

Source Material


Moon director Duncan Jones tells Man Made Movies that the thriller Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal, will be out early 2011.
"My edit is complete, and we are working hard on visual effects, choosing a composer and trying the film out on a few people just to see how it goes over. Lots to do really, but everything is coming together" he says

"I know that performance-wise we got some great stuff from [the cast] I know that the script was always tight, and the film has a hell of a fast pace to it. I know that I did my best to inject some humor where I could."
Jone was also linked to the new "Judge Dredd" reboot at one point
"I would have loved to do the Judge Dredd movie that is underway. I was in fact sent the script to look at. Its a great script, and I hope I will not rue the decision of passing on it."
So what happened?
"I had such a strong idea of what I wanted to do with a Dredd movie, I could not bring myself to take it on and not do it my way! … and its not like I could do it as a sequel either; my Dredd would have been really weird, and dark and funny, but not your traditional introduction to a hero character. I don't even know if I could have made my version of the film pitch-able. It was maybe too off the wall."
It could not have been any worse than the first Dredd film was-Off the wall may have turned out GREAT

Great fan of Jones after seeing Moon--Watch it! If you have not already done so...

No comments: