Monday, October 15, 2007

Best Destiny

Kirk is cast!!



Anthony Pascale of TrekMovie.com posts:

Last week news broke that Chris Pine was weighing his options between the role as James T. Kirk in the new Star Trek and a role in 'Joe Carnahan's White Jazz movie. Today on his official blog, Carnahan confirmed that Pine had chosen to go with Trek:


The young man playing Junior Stemmons has opted to ‘go where no man has gone before’ and thus, had to bow out of WHITE JAZZ.


Carnahan continued with some thoughts on Pine’s choice of Kirk over Jazz


I’ve been talking to him this past week and knew how tough the decision had to be for him. I don’t envy ever being in that spot but I gave him my full support, even if it meant he didn’t do JAZZ. I get it. You don’t get opportunities like that often and I told him as long as he could control as much of that process as possible and not get sucked into doing lesser sequels as a result of taking this gig, then good luck and God bless.


Pine likely made his decision over the weekend. Last Thursday TrekMovie.com was told Pine was still “50/50″ and that they may have to be a stand-in to read Kirk’s lines for the rehearsals which start this week. TrekMovie.com has not yet received word from anyone at the studio confirming Pine is in as Kirk...

But assuming this is true, then
J.J. Abrams only needs to nail down Karl Urban as his McCoy and he will have whole ‘new’ original crew. TrekMovie.com will report any updates to this breaking news.

UPDATE: A source has confirmed that Pine has signed on as Kirk


Carnahan's spilling of the beans is good enough for me....Since I last posted my thoughts on Pine as Kirk, I have ti say the idea of him playing JTK, has kinda grown on me...


As for Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard McCoy...I'm not quite there. Not really seeing it...




Assuming Urban is on board though...Rehearsals...And then filming begins!

No comments: