Thursday, October 25, 2007

Turning Two!

Another reason to celebrate! The Last Reel turns 2 years old today!

I'm marking the occasion with a special post of today's top news and then some:

The film adaptation of Angels & Demons is being rushed to beat the strike threat

As Hollywood scrambles to make deals before the Oct. 31 expiration of the WGA pact, one fast-tracked project has almost flown under the radar -- though it could become one of the biggest films assembled during this frenzied period...

The Da Vinci Code wasn't all that great a flick. Frankly folks, I'm not holding my breath for A&D...

Another high powered cinematic reunion is in the works

Helmer Michael Mann has cut a deal at Paramount Pictures to develop "Frankie Machine" as a star vehicle for Robert De Niro...

The drama is an adaptation of Don Winslow novel "The Winter of Frankie Machine." De Niro will play Frank Machianno, a mob hit man who has retired to run a bait shop. He agrees to help the son of a mob boss resolve a dispute with another Mafioso but is forced to turn into Frankie Machine again when he realizes he's been set up to be killed...


If "Machine" is even say a tenth as great a film as Heat is--we are in for some kick ass cinema

Even as his latest film preps to go before the cameras in the next few months, an Oscar winner gets his next gig into place

Jamie Foxx has signed on to topline "The Zebra Murders: A Season of Killing, Racial Madness, and Civil Rights" for DreamWorks. Plan B and Foxx-King Entertainment are producing...

Ridley Scott's Blade Runner is Back as Final Cut is set to show up in theaters!

Before I go, I'd like to once again take the opportunity to thank all of my loyal readers for their continued support... And to all my sources that act as my springboard every day-- Many kudos

For a bit of nostalgia, click here to read my very first post from 2 years ago...

I'm still having fun! My output has more than doubled in this last year--I look forward to chronicling even more stuff as year 3 begins...

No comments: