Thursday, June 22, 2006

How About That...


The Yahoo Insider reports that J.J. Abrams is very interested in casting Oscar-winning actor Matt Damon as a young Captain Kirk in the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie that he's directing and producing.

He's so interested that he's apparently already sought support from the original Kirk, William Shatner who "gave his blessing. J.J. got his approval" says a source. A rumor has it that the new movie would center on Kirk and Spock's early days at Starfleet Academy....but that's been denied.

It wasn't long ago that Damon's pal Ben Affleck was said to be up for a role in the film. At the time I said:

I hope he's not gonna play the younger version of Captain James T Kirk. I can't see him pulling that off. Heck, I think his buddy Matt Damon makes a better choice for JTK, than he does.

Maybe I found a new calling for my career--Hollywood Casting Agent.

No comments: