Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Embracing My Inner Geek

There's no point in denying it. When it comes to sci-fi/fantasy flicks, its hard for me to hide the geek in me. From my ability to recite lines found in my favorite genre films, to attending my fair share of Star Trek conventions in the early 90's...Not being able to really say much while I was in the presence of Captain Kirk [William Shatner] himself, during an autograph signing session at one such gathering. I have been known to win a game or two of Star Wars-Trivial Pursuit...Heck, at one time, I could even speak fluent Klingon--if asked--Which I learned using The Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand...Ahem--sorry about that. I kinda got carried away there...

Anyway, the upcoming motion picture, Fanboys (February 2007) celebrates this very unique group of folks...Using the release of one of cinema's most anticipated events in history as its backdrop...the film looks really funny. Watching the trailer made me actually laugh out loud. If the rest of the movie is as good as the trailer is...

Fingers Firmly Crossed...



Starring Sam Huntington (Superman Returns), Chris Marquette (The Girl Next Door) and Kristen Bell (herself an actual fanboy favorite as TVs Veronica Mars) . Actor Kevin Spacey serves as one of the producers of the film.

No comments: