Friday, December 23, 2005

About Last Night...

After a day fighting the throngs of last minute holiday shoppers, yesterday afternoon at a local shopping mall, (yeah, I know given how I feel about this time of year, what on earth was I doing out and about? Just a glutton for punishment I guess...) After surviving the insanity with all of my body parts intact, I took a chance to decompress, and unwind at the multiplex. Last night I saw Peter Jackson's King Kong... Rather than post an in depth review of the 3 hour plus epic due to the constraints of my holiday plans, for now, I will make just a few observations about the film. A more detailed analysis will be forthcoming when my schedule permits.

*Some of the CGI looked absolutely stunning--while some of it looked primitive (was that intentional?)

*At least one cast member seemed out of place in the film.

*The look of the original film from 1933 was faithfully and successfully recreated--especially for the climax of the picture.

*Overall though, I liked the remake...quite a lot...But...

TO BE CONCLUDED...Some time next week.

No comments: