Sunday, December 18, 2005

Monkey See Monkey Don't

What a surprise!

Everyone knew that Peter Jackson's King Kong would be atop the box office this weekend. It was just a question of just how big the margin would be. As it turned out the margin ended up being some $70 million lower than the analysts were predicting. Since it opened on Wednesday, the big guy took in just around $66. million (Friday-Sunday take was $50.1). While that still makes Kong the 4th highest opening on record in December, it is by no means the juggernaut that even I was sure it would be. I have not seen the film for myself yet, but I plan to before too long and then I will have more to say about it, I'm sure.

Until then, here's the latest report on all of the weekend numbers by Brandon Gray, from Box Office Mojo.

No comments: