Saturday, December 24, 2005

Latest Slates

20th Century Fox and its subsidiary studio for smaller indie films, Fox Searchlight Pictures, have passed along their film slates for 2006 to Dark Horizons.

As for the 20th slate:

I have to admit, when I saw the trailer for the "teen" comedy Grandma's Boy, I laughed really hard. I just hope that the whole film is that funny and it's not a case of putting the funniest parts in the trailer leaving nothing else to laugh at. The "let's remake everything in sight" mentality continues in Hollywood with Omen 666, a retelling of the 1976 classic. This is one remake that I personally think we can do without...That said, I can't help but be a bit a bit curious at the same time. And then of course there's the sequels X3, Ice Age 2, Garfield 2, and even a Big Momma's House 2 on the way.

Meanwhile, as far as the Searchlight slate is concerned:

They have a remake of The Hills Have Eyes, originally made by horror master Wes Craven, in 1977, the new version has a long way to go in order to be that good. I am a big fan of Danny Boyle's zombie/end of the world thriller 28 Days Later...from a few years ago. Given that I have high hopes for Sunshine (working title), a thriller that reunites him with Cillian Murphy, who's great in everything I have seen him in. Right now nothing else on the list jumps out at me.

My holiday plans may mean no posts for a few days...Until my next entry...Take Care...Be Well..Be Wise and Take Comfort That It'll All Be Over Soon...The Grinch has left the building...

No comments: