Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Slate Stakes

Two more movie studio slates for 2006 have been announced...courtesy of Dark Horizons:

DreamWorks Although the studio was recently bought by Paramount Pictures, the "brand name" is alive and well. Clint Eastwood's Flags of Our Fathers jumped off the list for me. Can he make this film worthy of Oscar gold, the way that both Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River were? Look for 2 more CGI animated films as well.

New Line Cinema Since horror is one of my favorite film genres, I am looking forward to seeing if those responsible for both Final Destination 3 (I enjoyed the first 2) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning AKA The Origin can sustain their franchise momentum. I really liked the 2003 remake of the 1974 classic original. Meanwhile, Justin Timberlake formerly(?) of boy band N'Sync hopes that moviegoers will take him seriously as a dramatic actor in Alpha Dog. Giving him the benefit of the doubt is hard folks...really hard. I'll leave it at that.

No comments: