Wednesday, December 07, 2005

State Of The Slate

With overall box office receipts down for 2005, as compared to last year, I'm sure the movie studios are none to happy to see this year come to a close.

That said, with fingers firmly crossed, they are hoping that 2006 can't possibly be any worse. Today Dark Horizons posted the film slate for Warner Brothers for next year (with other studios to follow soon).

When I looked the slate over, aside from the obvious blockbusters like Superman Returns and Poseidon (both of which I have mentioned before elsewhere on this very blog), two other films leapt out at me:


The delayed from 2005 V For Vendetta, adapted from the popular graphic novel of the same name. Despite concerns when a movie is delayed like this, the 3 part story by Alan Moore is awesome, and I am still looking forward to seeing how this translates on the big screen. 16 Blocks, is and action/adventure, starring Bruce Willis for director Richard Donner. It's nice to see that Donner is back behind the camera, after the disastrous Timeline that he did in 2003. With a solid script and good actors behind him--he rarely misfires. I am hopeful the film will work.

No comments: