Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's...A Trailer!

As expected, the full theatrical trailer for Superman Returns hit the net. a short time ago (a little earlier in the day than I thought actually)...

I've been trying to keep my expectations in check as the release of the film fast approaches...But I must say that the 2:30 minute preview makes the movie itself look pretty darn cool.

Some thoughts:

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor seems to walk a fine line between restraint and over the top...I wish writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris thought of something a little more original for Lex to say though--"Bring It On" is so overused now.

I've been saying (along with others) for a long time that Brandon Routh's physical resemblance to the late Christopher Reeve is quite striking...and that really comes through here.

When I first saw photos of Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane--I thought she looked too young for the role--After seeing the trailer, I still kinda feel that way. Fingers Crossed And Hopeful.

Getting a glimpse of the late Marlon Brando playing Jor-El again brought me back to my childhood and the film that started it all. It'll be interesting to see how this never before seen footage from his appearance in Superman II fits into the new film's story. Knowing the history of the original script for Supes II, before Brando bowed out of the sequel, I have a good idea of what the plan is...but I will save my suspicion for another day.

The flying sequences look amazing...Hearing original film composer John Williams' classic main title never gets old!

Well enough chatter from me...

Watch The Trailer Now!

...Trying to keep my expectations in check..."A Never Ending Battle".

No comments: