Friday, May 26, 2006

Mutant Madness

X-MEN:The Last Stand opens today on some 3,689 screens across the U.S., and I have already made plans to see it within the next few hours, after I go out and buy a new battery for my cell phone....Even as that happens, I have also read rumors about yet another theatrical trailer for Superman Returns being attached to the X-Spectacle. You can be sure I'll let you know either way.

Meanwhile, Ben Fritz and Dave McNary of Variety wonder Will 'Code' Erode?--as a result of the X-Factor. I think the answer to the question is an obvious "yes", as does Entertainment Weekly's Joshua Rich in an online column proclaiming "X-Men" will be the heroes this holiday weekend

The reviews for X3 seem pretty solid. For example, Lisa Schwarzbaum also of EW, gives the film a B-. Not bad for the third movie in the series, who lost 2 directors, before Brett Ratner stepped in a mere 2 months before filming began. The review round-up still offers plenty to chew on though...

The next Hollywood Summer blockbuster hopeful on the conveyor belt--Ugh!-The Omen remake.

No comments: