Sunday, January 13, 2008

Indy-The Next Generation?

Jim Windolf of Vanity Fair is back for more chatter with the Indiana Jones crew...This time--the talk turns to the future of the franchise...

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" may indeed lay the groundwork for a second trilogy according to the follow up article

When director Steven Spielberg was asked if this film leaves open room for another one, the director took a common stance in this type of situation- "Oh, I don't know. I haven't even thought about that. I'm still in the cutting room. I can't even think beyond the next cut."

Producer Frank Marshall was a bit more direct about the subject-"I don't think so. We're all getting too old. We have to hand the torch to somebody else. I don't know who that's going be."

The speculation is that star Harrison Ford would take on a background role to allow rising star Shia LaBeouf to assume the Indy mantle...



Assuming that LaBeouf takes to the fedora and whip--I highly doubt that Ford would agree to do a series of cameos in more films--beyond maybe one....

No comments: