Thursday, February 09, 2006

"Crash" SE DVD News

Late yesterday afternoon I was surfing the net, and was stopped cold, after I read about a new 2 disc DVD set for Crash. As regular visitors to The Last Reel already know, I am hoping that this film can pull some sort of upset at this year's OSCARS, even though it has uphill climb, going up against 8 time nominee Brokeback Mountain (which just won big "across the pond" at the 11th annual London Critics' Circle Awards, by the way).

A while ago, I visited many of my favorite sites for daily disc news, to see if I could find out any more details...So far the only site to post anything about it is the DVD Zone At TheManRoom .

Here's what we can expect in the way of bonus material:

Disc 1

Director’s Cut Widescreen Feature

DVD Introduction by Director Paul Haggis

Feature Commentary with Paul Haggis, Don Cheadle and Bobby Moresco

Trailers

Disc 2:

Deleted Scenes (with optional Director’s Commentary)

Behind the Metal and Glass Making of CRASH

On Paul Haggis Featurette

L.A. "The Other Main Character" Featurette

Unspoken Featurette

{A} Bird York “In the Deep” Music Video

Music Montages

Script-to-Screen Comparisons

Storyboard-to-Screen Comparisons.

I'm glad I only rented the current DVD. I can't wait for this set to hit the streets on April 4th 2006.

According to a story posted on the CNN Money website, the film's distributor, Lions Gate is having a great go of it at the Box Office and on Wall Street, with the all of the buzz about Crash and the success of last fall's horror sequel Saw II (hitting stores on DVD Valentine's Day--how romantic).

As I said, I hope of this positive chatter translates into lots of OSCAR gold, come March 5th.

If you haven't seen Crash yet...What are you waiting for? Rent it already!!!

No comments: