Friday, February 10, 2006

A little Spring In My Step

Even as "my neck of the woods", the mid-Atlantic region, prepares to be snowed in over the weekend with some 6-12 inches, I will try to think of happy things... I know. Up until now, the Winter of 2006 has been very mild, I just hope we don't end up paying for it with one big storm after another. I HATE SNOW!! Ahem...Sorry...I digress...

I can take comfort though, in knowing that no matter what happens with the weather this weekend, Spring is still in the air. I know it is, not because of the actions of some groundhog, but because the February 17th issue of Entertainment Weekly says so. The latest issue has lots of worthwhile film stuff to chew on:

Spring Movie Preview-"All the buzz on 97 new films", including an in depth article, by Joshua Rich, on the delayed V for Vendetta, starring Natalie Portman. I have high hopes for this one...Besides I think screenwriters Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski owe me one (maybe two) for the way the Matrix Trilogy turned out. I am counting on you both not to veer too far from the graphic novels, on which the film is based.

Gregory Kirschling interviews Tough Guy Harrison Ford on his new action thriller Firewall. The reviews that I have read for the film though, have not been all that good, with EW's Lisa Schwarzbaum giving it a D-. I don't know..Lisa gives the Pink Panther remake a better rating. Surely, Firewall has to be better than that pointless remake. You can take Steve Martin Mr Ford, with one hand tied behind your back and blindfolded, I know you can.

No comments: