Monday, April 24, 2006

Music To My Ears

While hard at work finishing his duel tasks on Superman Returns editor and composer John Ottman took time out to speak with the folks at Soundtrack.Net for their latest podcast.

He chats about everything from mixing the score for the new film, to how he incorporated music composed by John Williams for the first film into the flick, and how long he expects the score album will be.

It's worth a listen, especially, if you're into that sort of thing.

Hear it now...

I knew that Ottman would be using the "main title march" and the "theme from Krypton" in the new motion picture, but I was surprised to learn that elements of the "Lois theme" (Love theme/"Can You Read My Mind?") would also be utilized as well.

I hope that the score CD is longer than 45 minutes as the interview suggests--regardless of how much of Williams' material ends up being used.

No comments: