Monday, January 19, 2015

SIGH..."The Blair Witch Project 3" Still On The Way

Eduardo Sanchez one of the co-directors behind 1999's The Blair Witch Project was talking about his Bigfoot film " Exists" with Dread Central and was also asked about the potential for the long discussed "The Blair Witch Project 3":

We have been talking to Lionsgate and there has been a little bit of movement but nothing is concrete. The film seems inevitable to me, but really it’s just a matter of it being the right time. I’m thinking it’s going to happen sooner than later at this point, but I always say that. There’s always rumblings and certain ideas being pushed around and such. While I don’t have anything firm to talk about now, it wouldn’t surprise me if something happened within the next year or two.


Both he and Daniel Myrick are said to have written a treatment back in 2009 and that as far as we have gone here. The events of the much-maligned studio-produced sequel "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2", would likely be ignored and the next one would pick up from where the original left off. The new pic might involve original cast members Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard and Michael C. Williams, albeit in smaller roles.

As I have said before I think it would better to leave this idea behind (they won't)

No comments: