Thursday, May 31, 2007

He Would And He Could

The latest issue of the U.K. magazine Starburst, features an exclusive interview with actor Zachary Quinto, who plays the villain Sylar on one of my favorite TV series Heroes...


In the article, Quinto states the he wouldn't mind playing the young Mr. Spock in J.J. Abrams' forthcoming Star Trek prequel.

TrekWeb posted a few excerpts from the article.

"When the news about the next Star Trek movie began to surface I became inundated with e-mails and links to websites where people were saying, 'Zach Quinto should play [young] Spock'" says the actor.

"I started opening myself up to the idea and I think the exploration and immersion to be done with such a character would be amazing."

"I tend to be the type of person who acts from a very visceral place and reacts emotionally to situations, and to 'become' a character that is completely the opposite of that is one of the reasons why I'm an actor. I would love the opportunity to understand what it is to only operate from a place of logic and look at things so specifically from that perspective."

Quinto is just great as Sylar in Heroes. Having him possibly take on the world's most famous pointy-eared Vulcan would be very very very cool.

Forget actor Adrien Brody. Quinto is better suited to fill the very large footprints left by Leonard Nimoy who played the character (pictured) for three TV seasons in the 1960's and through 6 feature films...

No comments: