Friday, May 25, 2007

"This Will Be A Day Long Remembered..."

It's hard to believe that the Star Wars saga began 30 years ago today...



I am old enough to remember when the film was known only as Star Wars--before it gained a number IV, and the subtitle A New Hope I know I have had lots of issues with creator George Lucas as the series has progressed. But right now, on this very important milestone, I would like to thank him for giving us all of those wonderful characters and the universe in which they lived.
The film changed the film industry, the way we go to the movies, and became a cultural phenomenon. It helped to shape my childhood and continues to do the same for kids today (like my nephew Jimmy to name but one).

Thanks also to that great 1977 cast & crew for bringing the vision to life...




The Original Theatrical Trailer For Star Wars...




...And Those Opening Sequences Special Edition Style...

The History Channel will air a 2 hour special called Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed on Monday, May 28th, from 9:00-11:00 PM Eastern...

No comments: