Tuesday, December 17, 2013

G.I. Joe 3: Tutum's Duke Back From The Dead?

"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director Jon M. Chu and Snow White and the Huntsman writer Evan Daugherty are currently working on the G.I. Joe 3 script for Hasbro and Paramount.


Chu tells MTV that he is "taking it to another level with this one...it's gonna be a really fun movie. We're taking it in a whole new direction."

The idea is to mix some old favorites with some new characters played by well-regarded actors.With  regard to the new characters, Chu says that they will be "exciting ones that I know the fans will love, and people that I've always wanted to work with"

The big surprise is the notion that Channing Tatum could return to the series despite his apparent death in GI Joe: Retaliation

"You never know. Storm Shadow died in the first one and came back in the second one, and then other characters have died and never come back. The G.I. Joe world, the best thing about it is you never know who's coming back and who's not."

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is back to produce the film.

 "Retaliation" made $371 million worldwide. 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made $302 million.

No comments: