Saturday, April 14, 2007

Young Whpper-Snapper

I'll give ya one guess as to which movie actor Shia LaBeouf (pictured), currently staring in the thriller Disturbia, is going to do next...


Stax of IGN:

After weeks of "is he or isn't he?" speculation, often fueled by the actor himself, Transformers [co star] Shia LaBeouf has been officially cast in Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones IV.

In an official announcement posted [Friday] morning on IndianaJones.com, director Steven Spielberg said, "We are excited about bringing Shia into our Indy family. His talent has impressed not only his audiences throughout his young career but the directors, producers and fellow actors who have worked with him in his television career and now his film career."

"I was hoping the rumors were true, so I couldn't be more thrilled," LaBeouf is quoted as saying. "To be cast in an Indiana Jones film is like grabbing the brass ring and holding on for the ride. I'll do my best to meet the high standards that Steven, George, and Harrison have set and I can't wait to take that giant step in front of the Indy cameras."

The official announcement [came] after LaBeouf personally confirmed the casting [yesterday] morning to USA Today. "Up until about two weeks ago, it was little more than a rumor," LaBeouf told the paper. "Literally, when I was saying, 'I don't know anything,' I didn't know anything. It was an act of faith. I have not read a script. I don't think anybody has."

LaBeouf couldn't say if he was indeed playing Indy's son, as earlier rumors suggested. "I can tell you I'm sort of the sidekick character, obviously," he said. "I'm sure there are a lot of laughs at my expense, and some kind of creature crawling on me."

The veil of secrecy surrounding the project even affects LaBeouf, who still doesn't know what relic it is that Dr. Jones and company will be chasing after in the film.

I love being right

On March 11th, I posted the following about all of those LaBeouf/Indy casting stories:

I actually think a deal with LaBeouf to appear in the film may indeed be in the offing It's just not been worked out yet...The young actor may claim to have trouble normally keeping mum. But in this case, he knows better than to say anything, at this point. I think he would rather that papa Steven and or uncle George make any news about Indy official.

And that's exactly what happened here.... As to what his role might be? Indy's son sounds good to me...

Speaking of producer, George Lucas...He also spoke with USA Today earlier this month, about Indy 4. And in the process, we learned the following about the sequel:

Will 64-year-old star Harrison Ford be convincing enough for all of that rough and tumble action?

"He's not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film -- it's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him." says Lucas.

One tradition will be maintained though -"he will get beat up."

Sean Connery has yet to sign on as Indiana's father, but Lucas says "we're still trying."

He also won't go into detail about the 'top secret filming locations', but says that one locale will have a "waterfall."

As for the official title? It's being kept under wraps until the first trailer hits theaters around Thanksgiving.

Indiana Jones IV begins filming this June for a May 22, 2008 release.

No comments: