Monday, January 20, 2014

Ruffalo Thinks The Hulk Should Get Even Greener


Attending the Sundance Film Festival to promote his new film "Infinitely Polar Bear," "The Avengers" star Mark Ruffalo tells Total Film that if he gets the chance to do a solo film featuring The Hulk he hopes use it to spread an "eco-friendly message." and promote environmentalism:

"As artists we have an ability to reach a lot of people in a deep way, and we have a responsibility. What we have to do as storytellers is to take science and make it relatable. I think we have to tell the story of the positive and what we're going to try to do. Give them alternatives but don't make it a polemic. As a culture, when we latch onto a fad, we're actually working something out in the creative subconscious. The fact that all these doomsday and end-of-times movies are coming out is because we're actually working that out in the culture. I'm in The Avengers, but if you took my screen time it would come to about ten minutes, along with the twelve other people I'm sharing the screen with, so my input's kind of limited on that. But if we get to a standalone Hulk movie, I'll have a much better chance to do that. I'm just learning now how to find my voice and bring it into the studio world." 

Would you want to see the big green guy get political?

Ruffalo will return as Bruce Banner in  "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" for writer/director Joss Whedon. Production on the sequel is slated to begin in March to meet a release date of May 1, 2015.

No comments: