Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Quentin Tarantino Drops The Hateful Eight After Script Is Leaked

Earlier this month we learned that Quentin Tarantino's upcoming western was set to be called "The Hateful Eight" QT has now put the film on indefinite hold after a script leak.


An understandably upset Tarantino tells Deadline that he's "very, very depressed" about the leak and will move forward with another screenplay. The script for "The Hateful Eight" will, for now, be published instead and he may revisit it a few years down the road:

"I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today.I'm not making this next. I'm going to publish it, and that's it for now. I give it out to six people and, if I can't trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I'll publish it. I'm done. I'll move on to the next thing. I've got ten more where that came from.The idea was, I was going to write two scripts. I wasn't going to shoot the Western until next winter and I have been full of piss and vinegar about the other one. So now I'll do that one."

Actors Michael Madsen Bruce Dern and Tim Roth, were sent copies of the script. According to Tarantino, he believes one of Dern or Madsen's agency reps read it and passed it around.

Tarantino's scripts are always in high demand The fact that this one got out so early in the process is what has left Tarantino feeling "betrayed". As a result, he won't divulge any details about the 'other project'.

No comments: