Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chris Pratt Confirms Jurassic World Role

On the stump promoting February 7th's Lego Movie, actor Chris Pratt tells Peace River Record Gazette that he can't wait to get to work on Colin Trevorrow's sequel "Jurassic World" at Universal Pictures:

"For me, Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars. I lined up at the theater to see it, I saw it opening night, I saw every sequel, I’ve seen it a whole bunch of times… for me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out. And so it’s a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I’m going to be playing. I’m thrilled about it."


 Pratt will play a rugged ex-military man, who spars with Bryce Dallas Howard's corporate scientist.  Melissa & Joey and The Kings of Summer star Nick Robinson is poised to play the older brother of Ty Simpkins, the 12-year-old actor that befriended Robert Downey Jr. in "Iron Man 3".The boys are in turn Howard’s nephews. Josh Brolin was first in line for Pratt's role but a deal could not be reached.

"New Girl" and "Drinking Buddies" star Jake Johnson may also star. "Pacific Rim" and "Luther" star Idris Elba came up in a casting notice recently. Jason Schwartzman is rumored for a role in the sequel. David Oyelowo is said to had a meeting about the flick as well. There's nothing official just yet though.

Originally slated for June 2014, the sequel was delayed due to further work being need on the super secret script by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)--not to mention an already too tight schedule. Safety Not Guaranteed director Colin Trevorrow will call action on the feature.

Trevorrow wrote the revised screenplay with Derek Connolly

Steven Spielberg, who directed Jurassic Park and its sequel The Lost World: Jurassic Park, will executive produce here. Jurassic Park III was brought to the screen by Joe Johnston.

Frank Marshall will produce the dino sequel set to hit theaters on June 12, 2015.

No comments: