Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Kept In The Dark

Christopher Nolan confirmed to EW that the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises.will be his final Bat-flick And he's ready to rol


"I feel very glad that I'm doing another Batman film. I think it would have been daunting to sit down and write an original script after ' "Inception'. I love working within the realm and rules of our Batman world. It's kind of nice to have someplace to go that I'm super-excited about."

He also says that with "The Dark Knight" and  "Inception"'s success he doesn't feel obligated to the studio and will thus do whatever he wants with 'Rises' - "I must say that I'm glad - I'm very, very glad - to be embarking on the last chapter of our Batman saga without any sense of obligation or duty to the studio. They did very well with Inception. So I'm able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way."

Nolan confirms that he an "Inception" video game is being developed and right now that's the only plan for any kind of follow-up at present.

No Inception sequel then?

"it’s not something I want to say no to, but it’s not something I’ve given a lot of thought about."

A shaky report emerged at CBM claiming that CG and deleted footage from "The Dark Knight" was to be used in 'Rises' to give the late Heath Ledger's The Joker character a cameo appearance in the film.

The studio quickly shot down the report, telling Moviehole the talk is "just not real".

No comments: