Friday, March 28, 2014

Costner Wants To Return To The Old West In A Big Way

It has been over a decade since Kevin Costner last called action on a movie set, 2003's well-liked Western "Open Range," now the 59 year old actor/director told Collider that he has ambitious plans to return to the genre with a trilogy or tetralogy of films to be released within one year:

"I've got this Western that I think I could make. I actually have this idea to make them all at once and release one on Memorial Day, one on Thanksgiving, and then one on the Fourth of July, all within a 12 month span, because it's all the same story but it truly is a journey, with a fourth movie coming right after. Will I be able to do that? I don't know. But that's what I think about, that's what I try to do. And people go, 'Oh that's really interesting, Kevin. We don't think we can do that.' And I'm thinking 'Man, that's a really good idea.' I thought that was a true ongoing series, or sequel if you will, that actually was an honest one. A second one wasn't invented because the first one made a little money."

No comments: