Monday, December 09, 2013

Berg: FNL Movie DOA Rundown Gets A Sequel

The 2004 High School football film "Friday Night Lights" may have been a good film, but it's the TV series that really won both critical acclaim and a loyal following.

On the stump for his Christmas Day true war drama Lone Survivor filmmaker Peter Berg now says there won't be a big screen continuation/spin-off after all...


He tells Collider:

"There's not gonna be a movie. We talked about it, some people thought it was a good idea, some didn't. I've come to believe it's probably not a good idea and I seriously doubt it's gonna happen."

Texas For-Never....

Berg is instead developing a sequel to his action-comedy  "The Rundown" a decade after its release.


Also known as "Welcome to the Jungle" in other parts of the world, Dwayne Johnson played an aspiring chef and bounty hunter who is sent to Brazil to retrieve his employer's wayward son (Seann William Scott).

It seems as though Scott won't be back, instead the sequel will see Johnson's Beck character on a new case:

"We just met with writers, so we're trying to do it. I really want to do it. I've talked to Dwayne. I have an actor in mind that I can't say that I want to work with Dwayne on it, and we want to do it."

No comments: