Thursday, December 26, 2013

G.I. Joe 3: Chu Walks Back On Tatum Return

Late last week. "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director Jon M. Chu seemed to suggest that Channing Tatum could return to the series as Duke despite his apparent death in Retaliation


While out doing press for the concert doc Justin Bieber's Believe Chu now tells Coming Soon that the original quote was taken out of context:

It all gets carried away again. They asked me about Channing and I don't know. You never know in these movies, and that's all I said, and suddenly it became ‘Channing Tatum might be back.’ To me, every possibility is open and we're writing the script right now and we're figuring everything out. 

It's an extremely low possibility when you kill somebody like that, it's pretty much it, but you never know with G.I. Joe. We did that with Storm Shadow, too.

I love being active in world-building, so we're working on G.I. Joe 3 right now. We're designing tons of stuff, which takes a little bit, but to me, that's obviously where I like to push myself and where I want to be for a long time and get to know better. I'm excited to bring in new characters and fun things beyond Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis that we're working on and some great villains, but we're forming those ideas now. I'm really excited - it's going to be a whole 'nother level… I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up.

 Snow White and the Huntsman writer Evan Daugherty is currently working on the G.I. Joe 3 script for Hasbro and Paramount.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is back to produce the film.

 "Retaliation" made $371 million worldwide. 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made $302 million.

No comments: