Friday, June 06, 2008

Spider-Sense


More Spider-Man sequel talk...

J.K. Simmons, who plays the grumbling editor of the Daily Bugle J. Jonah Jameson in the film series, tells the folks the IESB that Tobey Maguire seemed quite was still open to the idea of returning to the franchise....

"I spoke to Tobey in, I guess it was February... sort of awards season time and, y'know, he's certainly amenable to doing some more and hopefully we'll be able to get everybody back and make another good one."

The studio already told Simmons they want him back for a sequel, but said that if director Sam Raimi weren't involved in some way with the flick that he may not do it - "If he's involved, hopefully directing or at least as a producer then I'm pretty confident that it would be something that I want to do. Plus they pay money."

These comments by Simmons seem to jibe with what I said earlier today...If Raimi's on board--it will be easy for everyone else to sign on the dotted line.

No comments: