Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nichols Moves To "Midnight" Remakes "Starman"?

While at the Sundance Film Festival, promoting his new film "Mud", filmmaker Jeff Nichols says via Movie Mezzanine & The Playlist that  he's currently working on two scripts, one of which is for a new film called "Midnight Special".


"I won’t talk too much about it now, other than to say I kind of want to make a 1980s John Carpenter movie. If I had to choose one of those it would be Starman. It’s interesting because I’m doing the same thing I did in the summer of 2008 where I’m writing two scripts at once. 'Midnight Special' is going to be a genre film put through whatever bizarre filter is me. Them, I’m also writing this other movie based on a documentary that will hopefully be austere, quiet, sad, and beautiful."

Nichols is linked to the teenage genius drama "The Boy Who Played with Fusion" as well.

No comments: