Saturday, January 12, 2013

Is Zombieland Sequel DOA?

While doing press for "Gangster Squad" director  Ruben Fleischer says that plans for Zombieland 2 have all but bit the dust.


Fleischer told Collider: "I hate to do it, but I can say that there’s no immediate plans to make the movie. There’s no script, really, so the likelihood of it happening is slim. But I would not wanna put a nail in that coffin."

Fleischer also says "It’s not that the studio is not excited, it’s that we took one shot at the script--it wasn’t something we all got excited to do.

He then talked about what we could have expected

 "It was a continuation of the original story with the same characters. I guess the only thing I could really say is that the threat to our heroes wasn’t only zombies, like they encounter other people that they’re all jockeying for positions."

I loved Zombieland and I really hope that the sequel can be revived somehow...

No comments: