Monday, February 16, 2015

A Tale Of Two Wolverines

On the stump for Kingsman: The Secret Service-the film's director Matthew Vaughn talked to MTV about last year's "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Vaughn was supposed to helm the X-sequel following his work directing "X-Men: First Class," but he opted to tackle 'Kingsman' instead and only produce 'Days'. Bryan Singer took over the big chair.


Vaughn reveals that had he helmed the film we may have seen a younger actor taking on the role of Wolverine before he teamed up with Hugh Jackman in the next film:

"I had a whole different idea of how X-Men should go. I thought 'Days of Future Past' should be the next one and be set in the '80s. So, when I wrote the treatment, I then wrote Kingsman and got confused about which film I should direct next. The I said to Fox, 'Let me do Kingsman now, get somebody else in and we'll do the '70s version, recast Wolverine, and then we do Days of Future Past with the new Wolverine AND Hugh, and make it the biggest spectacle we've ever seen."

 Jackman is not confirmed for the 1980s-set "X-Men: Apocalypse," but he is expected to do the as yet Untitled Wolverine Sequel.

No comments: